-
February 18th, 2002, 01:53 AM
#1
rollemfilm
Guest
you can buy negative from kodak: vision 200T
------------------
-
February 18th, 2002, 01:59 AM
#2
Supa-eight
Guest
1) Aren't their s8 film stocks much better than K40? If not, why? Are not these stocks much better in latitude?
K-40 is a very fine grain reversal stock with a pretty poor amount of exposure latitude. "Better" is all in the opinion of the filmmaker.
2) I would like to match as close as possible a 16mm film look. Isn't K40 too saturated and too "old-style super8 look" to achieve this?
I would say yes and to shoot Kodak negative for more of a 16mm look.
3) If I would like a negative s8 stock what I have to buy if not the one that pro8mm sell?
Pro 8mm and Kodak stocks are one of the same. Pro 8 just cuts down Kodak 35mm and slaps their name on the box. For negative, you can buy Vision 200T direct from Kodak or buy the other ASA stocks from Pro 8mm.
4) I noticed that many users on this forum don't like very much pro8mm guys... This is only because these guys offers services that cost too much or for other reasons?
I have no personel experiences with the company to rate them. I have heard the same as you.
5) Is there any reason to buy s8 film stocks at pro8mm ?
Only if you want to shoot negative stock other than 200T. For the best 16mm look maybe try thier 50 D which is a fine grain based negative stock that should look close to 16mm if Rank transferred. For Pro 8mm high costs, I would try to buy from Kodak but your negative stocks is only limited to 200T.
------------------
-
February 18th, 2002, 04:25 AM
#3
sirioz
Guest
Hello,
Excuse me, but I would like a definitive word about Super8Sound/Pro8mm.
1) Aren't their s8 film stocks much better than K40? If not, why? Are not these stocks much better in latitude?
2) I would like to match as close as possible a 16mm film look. Isn't K40 too saturated and too "old-style super8 look" to achieve this?
3) If I would like a negative s8 stock what I have to buy if not the one that pro8mm sell?
4) I noticed that many users on this forum don't like very much pro8mm guys... This is only because these guys offers services that cost too much or for other reasons?
5) Is there any reason to buy s8 film stocks at pro8mm ?
Thanks you very much.
Im a beginner on Super8 and I'll appreciate any of your answers.
------------------
-
February 18th, 2002, 08:13 AM
#4
Matt Pacini
Guest
Look through the archives for old posts on this subject. (I don't want to repeat my whole story again!).
No, Kodachrome 40 doesn't look "old fashioned" unless you shoot that way.
In fact, most of the business Pro8mm gets, is from larger budget films using their stock to insert a "home movie" into a movie, and music video shooters who want that grungy, grainy look.
Bottom line:
It is too grainy, and costs the exact same as 16mm, wo why bother?
And even if you ARE going to bother, you can get 200T neg directly from Kodak cheaper, and process it at Yale or many other places, and skip the rude anti-customer service and bad attitude.
Matt Pacini
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks